- Doing Business with the State – This website contains numerous links particularly useful for people starting or operating a business. For example, you would find information here about getting help to start a business and getting a business license.
- Washington Secretary of State Corporations and Charities Division – This website is helpful for registering corporations, LLCs, and not-for-profits with the State of Washington. Among other things, it is useful for searching and finding existing corporations, LLCs, and not-for-profits.
- State of Washington Department of Revenue – You can find good information about state excise taxes, laws, regulations, and filing and paying taxes here. This website is also used to obtain or renew a state business license. Note: Corporations, LLCs, and not-for-profits must first register with the Secretary of State Corporations and Charities Division.
- Washington State Department of Labor and Industries (L&I) – This website is helpful for businesses and employees looking for information about the laws, regulations, reporting requirements, and claims for worker’s compensation.
- Washington State Employment Security Department – This website is helpful to businesses and individuals looking for information about unemployment taxes, benefits, laws, regulations, reporting requirements, etc.
- Oregon Secretary of State Business Division – This website is helpful for those looking to open a new business in Oregon, registering or re-registering a business, searching for existing businesses, and finding audit reports of state and local governmental entities.
- Oregon Department of Revenue – This website is helpful for obtaining information about the State of Oregon’s income, excise, estate, property, self-employment and other taxes, tax forms, laws and regulations, filings, etc.
- IRS General Home Page – This site is useful for people looking for federal tax forms, publications, instructions, and IRS contact information.
- US Department of Labor – This site contains useful information related to labor, including unemployment rates, the consumer price index, average hourly earnings, and payroll employment data.
- Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) – This site is useful for accountants interested in information about current accounting trends and generally accepted accounting principles.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – This site is useful for accountants interested in keeping current with accounting and auditing trends.
- Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) – This site is useful for accountants interested in information related to governmental accounting and auditing.
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) – This site is useful for governmental accountants and auditors interested in current governmental accounting, best practices, training, and award programs.
- Oregon Society of CPA’s (OSCPA) – This site is designed mostly for Oregon CPA’s and CPA firms but has some useful resources for the public, including a free CPA referral search tool to help you find a CPA.
- Washington Society of CPA’s (WSCPA) – This site is designed mostly for Washington CPAs and CPA firms but has some useful resources for the public, including a free CPA referral search tool to help find a CPA.