I am experienced in a variety of consulting and related activities that can help clients identify and resolve key issues. Examples of consulting and other services include the following:
- Internal control consulting and documentation that can include allowing clients to comply with COSO standards.
- Internal control consulting and documentation to allow clients to comply with TSP Section 100 Trust Principles and Criteria.
Do Small and Medium Sized Organizations Need Internal Controls? Absolutely! Many small and medium sized organizations fall under the scope of the Sarbanes–Oxley Act of 2002 and are required to maintain a system of internal control. Organizations subject to audits, reviews, and compilations must have effective internal controls in place. Inadequate or non-existent internal controls for fraud risk, financial-statement risk, compliance risk, and operational risk are common reasons for why businesses and not-for-profits fail and sometimes even face legal action. Moreover, smaller organizations are usually less able to recover from losses. Internal controls reduce an organization’s risk of loss and increase the likelihood that an organization will achieve its goals.
How Can My Firm Support Your Organization? I can help management with the development, documentation, and implementation of a system of internal control that meets the standards of the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission’s 2013 Internal Control-Integrated Framework (COSO). An effective system of internal control can result in the following benefits.
- All Organizations – Achievement of operating, financial reporting, or compliance objectives
- Service Organizations – Compliance with Trust Services Principles and Criteria.
My Approach – I will draw on my experience and knowledge about your risks, industry, operations, goals, and other necessary information to efficiently design a system of internal controls tailored for the specific size and nature of your organization. Upon completion of engagement, you will receive hard and soft copies of your system of internal control, guidance on how to implement and update the system, and a reasonable amount of internal-control-related ongoing fee consulting.
Other Consulting Services
- XBRL Element Mapping
- QuickBooks, SAGE (Peachtree), and Microsoft Excel
- Ratio analysis
- Training (private, not-for-profit, and governmental)
- Budgeting, forecasting, and modeling
- Finance Consulting – NPV, IRR, Payback, breakeven, multi-project benefit analysis, lease / purchase analysis, etc.
- Strategic planning
- Management and metrics reporting
- Accounting research
- Business formation and business-plan development
- Risk analysis
- Small to mid-size company business valuation